GS PDFFlow Library
We are proud to announce the first public release of the PDF Flow library for .NET applications.
Before, there were two ways how .NET developers could make their data available via PDF documents.
- Use one of PDF generation libraries. Such libraries demand specialized knowledge of PDF format and require significant efforts to get a beautifully-looking document using primitive operations such as “put a line of text at this exact position” or “draw line from here to there.”
- Use one of DOC or HTML to PDF conversion tools. This approach didn’t request specialized PDF knowledge and is a little bit easier. However, it imposes significant limitations on how a PDF document could look like.
PDF Flow gives you the best of both worlds.
An elegant and straightforward domain model allows the developer to define their documents as a simple flow of paragraphs, images, and tables. Then the PDF Flow library takes all heavy lifting of the transformation of an abstract document into a PDF. Feature-rich transformation logic offers not only simple operations such as formatted texts or scaled images but also top-notch features such as:
- Support styles so you don’t have to format similar items individually.
- Full support of widow/orphan lines for the paragraphs at the end of the page;
- Keep paragraphs together;
- Automatic creation of TOC (table of content) and links;
- Tables with repeatable headers;
- And, last but not least, the automatic generation of tables spread to multiple pages in width.
The library supports NET framework 4.51 or above, NET Standard 2.0 or above, including NET Core 2.0+. It supports all major platforms:
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit
- Linux 64-bit
The permissive license allows you to use the library for free in any open-source or non-commercial product as well as during prototyping, development, or testing of a commercial product. You need a commercial license only when you go to production (including internal business-related products and solutions). Our licensing model is also very flexible. Please do not hesitate to contact our sales representative at https://gehtsoftusa.com/contact/ at any time to discuss licensing.
- Get your copy of a brand-new PDF generation solution at https://www.nuget.org/packages/Gehtsoft.PDFFlow/
- Exhaustive documentation is available at http://docs.gehtsoftusa.com/pdfflow/web-content.html#index.html
- Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to use our free support forum at http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewforum.php?f=56
- If you need dedicated technical support, please contact our sales representative at https://gehtsoftusa.com/contact/.
- Subscribe to our news feed, follow #pdfflow tag, or join http://fxcodebase.com community to stay informed! Soon we will publish a series of articles explaining how to use the benefits of the new library.
The PDF Flow library uses a well-known and proven libHaru library as the PDF generator. If all you need is to create a simple single-page document, please do not hesitate to use our cross-platform build of libHaru at https://www.nuget.org/packages/Haru.Net/